Thursday, November 13, 2014

A field trip to Highland Orchards with Olivia


Last week Olivia had her first Kindergarten field trip to this awesome little place not too far from our house, Highland Orchards. A hayride through the apple orchards, too late in the season to actually pick apples, but stops along the way to see what we can see. It was great spending time with just my little girl, her sitting on my lap as the tractor rolled us through the fields and feeling that chill in the November air getting me even more in the Autumn spirit.

It feels like not too long ago I was here with Sofia on her preschool field trip and enjoying my one-on-one time with my big girl.

Olivia had a lot of fun and loved getting to pick apples out of bins instead of from the trees, churning apples into cider and walking into the humongous refrigerator where they store the apples fresh from picking. Of course, enjoying a delicious apple cider donut makes everything perfect too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails