Thursday, January 14, 2016

same thing, different year


Christmas decorations are put away, it's a new year and with that I feel the need to declutter. I actually feel the need to declutter every month or so, but especially after the holidays and the start of a new year. I want to clear cabinets, empty baskets and donate, donate, donate.

When planning to make a donation, I start with one room or closet at a time and empty and put back only the things we need and absolutely want. I received this book from my wish list for Christmas and it's amazing. Changing the way I think about a lot of things and not just when it comes to decluttering my pantry and linen closet.

Random little sidenote - the chocolate we have in our house is insane. I shouldn't be complaining since I love chocolate as do my girls. The kids received so much, we had so much and what do I do with it...makes cookies. My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe but with chocolate chunks from our stash. Delicious. My professional taste testers highly approved.


Getting ready for the next holiday is fun too...filling my Valentine's Day candy dish with some of my favorite Italian candies. Thankfully no one else in my house likes these candies. Guess I'll have to eat them all by myself.


And my little crafters, busy little bees with their new Christmas gifts. Olivia made a scarf! It's adorable and she was so proud of herself. I just love seeing it hanging in our mudroom when she's not wearing it.


Happy January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails