Monday, December 19, 2016

Simple DIY Christmas Ornament


Need an easy craft project for your Activity Advent Calendar or a simple gift for a teacher, nanny or neighbor? This is it. Doesn't get simpler than this when it comes to handmade and children.  You don't have to have children to do this, I had fun doing one on my own.

What you'll need:
Plastic ornament bulbs - I purchased mine from Joann's for $1/each
Paint -  I used what I had on hand since I always have craft paint in the house, plain or glittery works great


Mario is displaying what the cap looks like on, since that was the only way he was allowed to handle the paints PRIOR to the project. Once we had the table set up I did let him help. He did really well with it too, as I said it's very simple. Just squirt in several globs of paint, different colors look great together and swirl. Squirt and swirl. That's what they should be called, Squirt & Swirl Ornaments!


Cover opening with a napkin or your finger, if you don't mind getting paint on yourself, and shake about to coat the inside completely. I remove access paint from the ornament and allow to dry for several hours. Replace cap, add string and you're done. Quite honestly the simplest but a fun project too.


Finished project! I loved that we used glitter paint for ours this morning, they'll look pretty against the twinkling Christmas lights on the tree for our special friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails