Friday, November 2, 2007

Pasta e Ceci (Chick Peas)

I tried out a new recipe last night - new in the sense that I've never made it myself, but my mom has been making it since I can remember. Perfect for fall, good for you and SO easy to make!

Ingredients:
Half box of a short pasta (I used elbow)
1 can of Ceci (or if using dried beans, a half bag soaked in water overnight)
Half onion chopped
2 ribs of celery chopped
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small can of tomatoes (I chopped the tomatoes in quarters)
4 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Place onion, celery, olive oil, tomatoes and water in pot and allow to cook until onion has softened. If using canned ceci - drain and rinse and add to pot. If you used fresh ceci, drain water from overnight and add to pot. Add salt and pepper and cook on low heat for about 30-45 minutes (or until ceci beans are tender). Cook the pasta in a separate pot and once pasta is at your desired liking, drain and add to vegetable mixture. Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails