Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Times like today, I wish I were a bird


Sofia and I had plans to go visit my good friend, Lauren, in North New Jersey today. It would have been the first opportunity for us to get together in awhile and I was so excited! I write "would have been" because we never made it there...

What was the beginning of a nice 2-hour drive turned into a 4.5 hour debacle. There were multiple accidents earlier in the morning on the PA Turnpike and that caused some nasty backup and eventually resulted in the entire highway being shutdown and drivers re-routed through a neighboring town. Imagine taking hundreds of motorists (cars, delivery trucks and big ol'18 wheelers) and maneuvering them through small towns and back roads, not a pretty picture. Would you like an example of how not pretty this actually was? How about taking 35 minutes to go 1.5 miles!?! Sofia was great during this whole ordeal and only complained a few times and it was around the time when she needed to eat, so who wouldn't complain?!

The drive home was torture as I decided to take an alternate route other than that explained to me by Anthony. I pretty much got lost on the way back, was stuck in more traffic and several times wound up in areas that didn't seem too safe. On a side note, there is a Dunkin Donuts about every mile or so in Philadelphia. Too bad their donuts stink.

Today's lesson kids: Always check the traffic before a road trip.

2 comments:

  1. Oh NO!!!!

    What a disaster!

    LOL I am a KK fan too :)

    glad Sofia was good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quello che e' importante e che tu e Sofia mia siete a casa sani e salvi. Love mamma Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails