Friday, May 9, 2008

Easy Quiche - y



Quiche is one of my favorites, but I've always been intimidated to attempt making it on my own...until yesterday. I found a great recipe online that I modified a little bit and honestly, for my first try, I think it came out good.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups milk
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (I used a little less than a 1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter, melted (Again, I used a little less butter)
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli florets

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate (I don't have a quiche pan and a pie plate worked just as well).

Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and broccoli. In a bowl, combine milk, beaten eggs, salt, flour, onion and butter and whisk together until smooth. Pour into pie plate. Bake for 40 minutes or until set. Can be served warm or cold!

I think next time I'm going to try a different cheese and vegetable combination and I will most likely add bacon. In my opinion, bacon in just about anything is delicious!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
    Is this quiche crustless? It sounds really good, I'll have to try it. Great way to use up bit and pieces of cheese and veggies.

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony - YAY!

    Coleen - Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

    The quiche did not have a crust, but I think next time I may try using a pastry shell and see how that comes out. It was very good and Sofia loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was pretty darn good myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails