Saturday, May 24, 2008

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies




We're off to a BBQ this afternoon and I baked homemade chocolate chip cookies for our hosts and their guests. I honestly do not think I can go back to the pre-made dough kind after tasting these cookies - Anthony and I agreed that they are so much better!

I love baking and even though I reserve a lot of it for fall and winter when it nicely warms the home, I'm going to try out some new recipes that I found on this site this summer.

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12-oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat eggs, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture and then add chocolate chips to the mixture. Using a tablespoon, making little rounded drops about an 1.5 inches apart on non-stick baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes. After cookies have cooled on the baking sheet for a couple minutes, remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. lISA YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO MAKE THOSE WHEN YOU COME DOWN AGAIN THEY LOOK SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails