Sunday, May 4, 2008

Italian 101

mia - mine, belonging to me

Anthony and I like to pick up Sofia's blanket that she sleeps with, crawls around with, plays with, does basically everything with and we will hold it up to our faces and say "mia" telling her that the blanket is mine. She will then crawl over to whomever has her precious blanket, take it away from us and rub it against her face. The past week or so, along with taking it from us and holding it against her face, she will now say "mia" as well and when asked "dove mia" (where's mia), she crawls right to it and exclaims MIA!

Although "mia" means mine in Italian, we're thinking now that the blanket's name is actually Mia which I think is an adorable name.

(I hope I explained it well enough because it really is the cutest thing to see.)


Sofia rubbing "mia" on her cheek


Picking out a toy with "mia"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails