Thursday, October 14, 2010

La Cucina - Before & After Pics

Whew! We have finished our kitchen project!! Ok, it's been a couple weeks now since the bulk of the work was done but we still had a few minor things to do here and there...electrical work, decorating, etc. I still have bare walls in the breakfast nook to work with as far as the decorating goes but I'm not going to rush that and rather just take my time to figure out what I really want to do. Or just make it easy on myself and leave them bare. Doubtful, but you never know.

Before:



I absolutely LOVE it! We didn't break any walls and the only appliance we moved was the refrigerator from one corner to another, but it makes a big difference. I have 2 smaller counter-tops and then a nice long 10 ft one. I love my new deeper (9 inches) sink with super cool faucet! There's a ton more cabinet space - I actually have one huge cabinet that is only half full and another base cabinet that is completely empty. Also, I think getting rid of that awful awning above the sink and taking out the soffits really opened the room up. I'm going to leave the windows bare for now and see how that goes. I love having more natural light coming in and those curtains are one less thing I have to wash periodically.

After:



I'm proud that Anthony and I saved up for this project for this summer, planned the space ourselves and met with the cabinet makers. We were so lucky to have had the NICEST of cabinetmakers to work with and provide feedback. A couple of times he even came out to the house to answer questions, drop off samples or pick up a check. Which, even if you don't have kids, is a huge help. I made it into the showroom a few times with the girls and there's too much entertaining things for them to get into that it was difficult to pay attention to everything.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Em! And this coming from the queen bee of remodeling projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I love the tone...it's so warm and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Megan! I did get so used to my white that I was worried a darker color was going to be too much, but it turned out perfect. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails