Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lunedi

Monday mornings in a piazza just inside centro storico Mesagne, there is Lunedi. Appropriately named since Lunedi means Monday in Italian. And what is 'Lunedi' exactly? I'm glad you asked. It's a small open-air market specializing in linens. Tablecloths, sheets, towels, etc. It's not used, but it is inexpensive which is alright by me. My mom and I went the last Monday I was in Mesagne and I am now a proud owner of a gorgeous red and white Italian tablecloth. And when my mom came back from Italy, she had bought me the same tablecloth just in this beautiful sky blue color. Happiness!

This may not mean much to most but I love linens. Good quality linens are key to getting into bed at night or wrapping up in after a shower. Having a nice meal with the family or friends, throw down a nice tablecloth too. Don't get me started on cloth napkins. I go crazy for cloth napkins and have quite a collection. Saves us on buying paper napkins too often and they just make any meal a little more decadent. Even when you're eating hotdogs or breakfast burritos. Sometimes when I'm in a Home Goods, Marshalls or some other awesome random you-get-what-you-get-store, I will scout out the clearance bins for such napkins and do a happy dance when I find something I like for a price I'm willing to pay.

Anywho...a couple photos from mine and my mom's morning out:




No morning shopping trip is quite complete without a cappuccino and a cornetto caldo. Oh, and the cornetto (croissant) it's filled with warm Nutella. My mom, linen shopping, cappuccino AND a Nutella-filled treat - Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails