Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I have posted this recipe in the past, but it's been awhile, so I decided to post it again. Despite our random burst of warm weather the past few days, I will begin baking a lot more now that it's Fall. I love to bake anytime of the year, but there's something about Fall that makes me want to be in the kitchen more. Along with banana bread, I'm going to be baking muffins, cupcakes, cookies and some more breads. I want to try out this pumpkin spice bread recipe and this pumpkin cupcake recipe. I'm becoming slightly addicted to anything pumpkin lately. I love this time of year, what can I say?!?

I love the look on my little assistant's face as she combines the banana bread ingredients. Both Sofia and Olivia couldn't wait to have a slice!


Ingredients

1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions

In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, oil, milk and vanilla. Add the smaller bowl to the flour mixture bowl, stirring just until combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails