Saturday, October 8, 2011

Amazing day in Amish Country


Yesterday the girls and I spent an amazing day in Amish Country PA. After breakfast with Anthony, the girls packed up a backpack each of toys and books to occupy them in the car and I packed a snack bag and made sure our IPod was fully charged. Then we packed up the car for our adventure. It was a gorgeous day for taking in the vast fields and farms in Lancaster. The girls ate up the cow and horse farms and the million corn fields you pass along the way. I totally ate up all the Antique shops and farmer's markets we passed.

We stopped in at the Amish Farm and House and opted out of the house tour but explored the farm on our own. Lots to see and they could touch everything outside. We had a great time!


Mooooo!


Gobble, gobble.




Sofia was amazed at the potty and when it was time for her to go to the bathroom before leaving she thought that was where she was going too. She says to me "there's no toilet paper in their outside potty"



Both girls were big fans of the playground on the farm. They were the only kids there and had the whole place to themselves.




Baby goats.







My camera memory card was on the fritz yesterday which kind of bummed me out. After leaving the farm, we loaded up back into the car for a quick snack before heading onto our next adventure. While the girls happily chomped away on crackers, strawberries and raisins, I scrolled through the pictures from our morning. The last couple kept coming up "file corrupted" which is what no click-happy mama wants to see. Luckily this was the last picture on the card that survived whatever happened to my memory card. How cute are they? Sofia insisted upon bringing her unicorn to the farm and I love that she made this picture. I also love the way she's holding onto Olivia's cheek.


After our snack, we rode around in search of the perfect place to lunch. I found a Sonic and quickly sent out a text message gloating about where we were dining. It was yummy! Next we found the perfect farmer's market and country store where the girls picked out a couple pumpkins each and I got some awesome vintage mason jars. After a couple stops to admire the nearby farms and cows grazing along the fences, we made a stop into Friendly's for milkshakes. Talk about the perfect ending to a perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks like so much fun!!

    (Drew has that same my little pony!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had kept mine for her, she is def going through the my little pony phase now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails