Thursday, October 13, 2011

decluttering magazines


Don't get in my way when I'm in the mood to declutter. We've been doing some little things around the house and I came across about 57 magazines that were all sorts of ear marked, pages torn out, passages highlighted and so on. Enough is enough and I went through each one this past week and cut out recipes, craft projects, pieces of advice, anything that I thought I might like to keep and tossed the remainder of the magazine. Yes, I recycled them.

My first little project was to organize the recipes. A few years back Anthony bought me this great little recipe holder that is basically a binder. I only used it for recipes that people emailed me or hand-wrote for me and then I would rewrite it in the binder. It came with a whole bunch of pages that were blank and equipped with page protectors. Light bulb goes on and I'm in business. Cutting and protecting business that is.


I love how the most used sections of the binder are the 'Desserts' and 'Parties' section.


Love how nice and clean it looks AND that I got a basket back to use that was housing all those magazines. Win-Win!


And right up my alley, my girlfriend introduced me to the world of Pinterest. It.Is.Addicting. Now, I can stop Bookmarking all the sites I come across online and just "Pin It." Perfect for my Type A side that likes to see everything in neat, little "Boards." If you haven't checked it out yet, it's totally worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails