Thursday, August 11, 2016

From Oria with love


I love the medieval town of Oria. Great location on a hill not far from Mesagne and a perfect little centro storico. Sweet little ceramic shop, loved the outside decor. Would love to see it by day too one year and check out the ceramics. I'm a sucker for handmade ceramics. Especially Italian handmade ceramics.


One adorable little 'via' street after another, I was in photography paradise. I need to practice more with taking pictures at night, I had my ISO up very high so some pictures came out grainy, but I don't like using flash so therein lies the problem. I need to learn to use the light I have around me better. Practice, practice, practice.



I made a friend. Unfortunately, he didn't have much to say to me.


Like most Italian towns, they don't have just one beautiful church. The stained glass on the cathedral was incredible. And on this other one, apparently you're not allowed to pull the flowers that grow between the cracks of the front steps.




Imagine this gorgeous canopy of flowers decorating your staircase to your front door. I know I can imagine it quite easily.


Any Latin experts out there want to prove to me that it doesn't say 'No Parking' above this door?


Yes, the wall could use a good scraping and nice coat of paint. But I still think it looks perfect this way too. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


Loving the details in this picture. The 'tende' which is the wooden slat, pull-down door cover and the faded heart in the wall.


Romantic wall graffiti...
Translation:  'Sometimes I wonder if it is worth fighting for love. Then I remember your face and I'm ready for war'

What this boils down to is that everything sounds better read or listened to in Italian. Songs, poetry, short stories, taking directions from someone, the ingredients on the side of a box of cookies, etc. Basically anything. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails