Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not finding what I want makes me motivated

During the fall, we got rid of our old blinds in the breakfast nook and purchased a cordless, pleated shade for the window and it has been curtain/valance-proof for a few months now. The only reason it has been bare is that I can't find the style I have in mind ANYWHERE and just last week decided that I would buy the fabric and make a valance myself. How hard can that be anyway?

Well, I almost went into shock upon walking into Jo-Ann Fabrics looking for the fabric for the window. There are literally thousands upon thousands to choose from! I brought a swatch of the colors we have in the room (cream, white and sage) and was able to find a fabric that I absolutely loved - to my surprise it only took 45 minutes.

SO, now I'm home with the fabric, the empty window and an idea of what I need to do. I can't wait to get started and place it on our naked curtain rod. Stayed tuned for what could be a disastrous effort at sewing...

Before picture of the bare window in the nook


This is the fabric I selected:

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Lis! Don't look at me - I'd tell you just to tack it up there and forget the sewing machine :) I can't wait to see what you come up with. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails