Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another day, another valance



So, you may think I'm going a little crazy with the makeover of a few of the window treatments in our home. But it's been a lot of fun for me! First off, it's fun to pick out a fabric from the literally hundreds to choose from, plan it and do it myself. There's also something to be said for paying $8 for a simple do-it-yourself project.

Next up is the family room on the first floor. I've had the same boring white curtains in there for almost 6 years now and they've definitely seen better days. We replaced the gross mini-blinds with simple vinyl shades that allows for a lot more natural light which is an obsession of mine too. I'm going to hang some sheers and then throw together a valance and VOILA! We'll have a new look for a room we use ALL the time.

Stay tuned for some before and after pictures!

3 comments:

  1. You need to give me directions on how to do this. I'm hoping to find a sewing machine at a garage sale this summer and none of our windows have treatments except for Madeline's room and the guest room. We just have faux wood blinds, but some of the rooms need something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally post directions - super, super simple. My mom is letting me borrow her sewing machine while I go about these little projects - it's a very easy-to-use Brother sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails