Tuesday, December 21, 2010
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
4 crushed candy canes
1. Line a baking pan with wax paper.
2. Place semi-sweet chips in a microwavable cup and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Check to see if there is a smooth consistency to the chocolate. If not, microwave for another 10-15 seconds. You do not want the chocolate to burn. It will smell awful and you won't be able to use it anymore. No one likes to waste chocolate.
3. Pour chocolate mixture onto wax paper. Using a spatula, smooth out until about 1/8 inch thickness.
4. Place in freezer for at least an hour.
5. Repeat microwaving process with the white chips and pour over frozen chocolate layer. Smooth out over chocolate layer.
6. Sprinkle crushed candy cane over top. Place back in freezer for a few hours. I usually let it sit overnight.
7. Break into pieces and store in refrigerator.
I recently made another batch of holiday bark but only used semi-sweet chocolate chips and in addition to the crushed candy cane, sprinkled with mini M&Ms. And I'm also going to make a dark chocolate bark and mix the melted chocolate with crushed pistachios to take down to my parent's house for Christmas Day. Such a simple little recipe that you can have a lot of fun with experimenting different flavors. My friend Molly has a great recipe using just white chocolate. Delish!