Monday, December 6, 2010

O Summer, Where art thou?

With the temperatures really falling over the past few days, I've been thinking a lot about this year's past trip to Italy. And how hot it was and how I said a few times that I couldn't wait for cold weather. What was I thinking?!? I'm all for the 4 seasons and all, but this is too cold.

Some pictures from the first night of the festival, La Madonna del Carmine. Always a favorite part of our trip for me. AND I didn't think it was possible but I love it even more now because I have my husband and girls to share in the fun. I become a little kid all over again with the lights, smells, sounds, and people everywhere for those 3 glorious days.


Mom and Dad outside the church where they were married - 37 years ago!


Waiting so patiently for the Madonna to begin the procession








Mom and Olivia waiting outside Chiesa Madre for the arrival of the Madonna


She's here! And will remain in this church until the 17th. During her stay here it is tradition for everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) to stop in and pay respect to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails