Sunday, May 29, 2011

A tour of Philly, Lisa's way


I played Philly tour guide to my friend and a friend of his this past week. Fabrizio has been in New York for the week from Italy and we made plans for him to visit for a day and it couldn't have been a better day. Normally, I play co-pilot and Anthony's the lead for any tours of the city, but I was on my own that day. I think it's safe to say that we all had a great time!

After a walk through Jeweler's Row, Independence Hall and Chinatown, we headed to Reading Terminal Market for some food. Fabrizio and Angelo were impressed with the variety offered and even tried out a new food - Amish pretzel dog! Delish!



Always a stop for us when we have guests in town, Geno's. Too full from lunch, but a picture was a must. The million framed pictures of famous people that had stopped into Geno's was a big hit too. I'm bummed I snapped this picture with Angelo's eyes closed. Not like I don't have a digital camera or anything to check it out. Oh well, hopefully there will be a next time.


South Street is always a nice walk, but considering how much we had already walked, we just drove the whole way. The murals and mosaics along the way are always a hit. We did stop and walk around at the end of South Street to take in the view of the water. The bridge crosses over 95 and Fabrizio was impressed with the traffic. Definitely nothing like that around Mesagne!


Next stop was the Art Museum/Eastern Penitentiary section of town. The beautiful row homes and quiet streets were a welcome from all the hustle and bustle of every other area of the city that day.


Of course, no guest comes to Philly with visiting the Art Museum. Well, the famous statue anyway.

Rocky by himself...


and Rocky with Fabrizio and Angelo!



Since we don't live too far from Philadelphia, we also stopped into the house to visit my mom (who was in town for a couple days) and the girls. Thanks Mom for watching the girls for me so I could take my friends around town!


Love how I couldn't get both of the girls looking (and smiling) in my direction. Believe me, I tried. They were both tired after their very fun day with Nonna Lisa I guess!


Dinner at Ted's Montana Grill back in the city AND with Anthony. Neither Fabrizio nor Angelo had ever eaten bison meat before so they were thrilled to try something new. Of course, only I go to a steakhouse and order a chicken salad. Boring! I do love how our server included herself in the photo though.


After a very fun and exhausting day, it was time to head back to the train station for the rest of their vacation in New York City. So great to have had them in town, even if only for a day. I loved showing them around and they made entertaining so easy because they were really happy just to be there. It made me so happy that they were so appreciative of everything and just enjoyed themselves so much.


Now, are you ready for a tour of Philly?

5 comments:

  1. Aww this brought back happy memories of doing this with you guys when we visited. I want another tour someday soon! :)

    Great pics, Lis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yes, Yes I am so ready for your tour, where do I sign up?????? LOL
    It looked like a fun day with lots of great food.
    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you were an excellent tour guide! Thank you for being a great ambassador for our city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime Emily and Coleen! LOL

    And Caroline thanks so much for checking out the post. We had a great day, but it's so easy with so much to see in Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa

    Just managed to see the photos, they look good. I really like them, but it's the comments that I have found more enthusing. You may not know this but our train to NYC was cancelled and had to wait for an extra 30mins or so to catch the next train, enough time for Fabri to go shopping for more souvenirs. He bought lots. It was a good day, thank you so much. Remember that if you ever come to London let me know and I'll give you the grand tour.

    Angelo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails