Friday, August 15, 2008

Car Buying for Palumbi's

Anthony and I have been in the market for a new car for a couple months now. We had been considering trading in both of our cars to buy one new car, but I was a little concerned with that option. Since Anthony's job has moved into Philadelphia, he has been taking public transportation to and from work every day and we've been saving on gas and miles on his car. Still, I think it's a pretty big move to go from two cars to one car, especially with having a toddler, but I was open to going over the specifics some more. Since there was so much to think about, we decided to hold off until after we returned from Italy, do some more research and look into our options.

Now that we're back we have narrowed down our list to our three favorites: Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and GMC Acadia and we went this evening and test drove all three. We're planning on making a decision this weekend and buying the car next week. Even though the process has been stretched out due to vacation plans and just making the time to go to the dealers, so far it's really been stress-free.

Our plan:

1. Make the decision to go from two cars to one car.

2. Decide on what options we absolutely wanted in the new car (XM Satellite Radio for Anthony) and if at all possible, cloth seating.

3. Get some numbers down on what the trade-in value for both of our cars should be.

4. Make time to test drive all three SUVs.

5. Come to a decision on the car and make the purchase.


I let Sofia pick from the business cards we had from this evening and she actually picked the one we're leaning towards...now we know she was listening to us discuss the cars!

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you we have considered the Highlander too?

    Good luck with your decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa I heard you are getting the Pilot. What color is it going to be?
    Also when I come down Friday should I bring a bathing suit in case we go to Anthony's moms pool. If I do I will tell Scott to bring one to. See you Friday!!

    Antonio

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails