Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crock Pot Potato Soup


I love, love, love my slow cooker and we get a ton of use out of it, especially during the winter months. Fuss-free cooking and easy cleanup is high on my list of things that make me happy. With the very cold temps we've been having lately, it was only fitting that I would be wanting to use my favorite appliance and so yesterday I pulled it out along with my Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook to try out a new recipe. I made some slight adjustments to the recipe I found and it came out delicious!!! Definitely a dish that I will be making again and again.

Potato Soup

Ingredients:

5 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
3 cups water
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
3 Tbsp butter
1 chicken bouillon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 cup milk
2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
8 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled for topping

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients except milk, cheese and bacon in slow cooker.

2. Mix well, cover and cook for 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.

3. During the last hour of cooking, use a slotted spoon to remove vegetables to blender and blend for 1 minute. Return to slow cooker. Add milk and cheese and stir well.

4. Garnish soup with crumbled bacon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails