Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ladybug Cake and Cupcakes

For Sofia's 2nd Birthday Party, I made a Ladybug Cake and Cupcakes and if I do say so myself, they came out pretty cute!





I baked the cake using a Pyrex Bowl and it was easier than I thought it would be. Make sure to grease the inside really well, I used butter, and then dust a light coating of flour all around as well. I poured about 3/4 of the cake batter into the bowl and baked it at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 20 min. After an hour, I checked it every 10 minutes with a cake tester to make sure it was completely cooked through.

A lot of red food coloring went into the vanilla frosting that I used to make it the red-ish/pink you see in the pictures. And then I used a tube of black chocolate frosting for the lines and the "face" of the ladybug. Since Oreo cookies are a common staple in our pantry, I decided to use those as the dots on the cake and just used chocolate chips for the cupcakes.

Sofia loved it - when she saw the finished products she said "that's so cute!"

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sophia!!! Your cakes are just as cute as you.

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails