Friday, March 27, 2009

Ladybug Birthday Party


I am in full party-planning-mode for Sofia's upcoming 2nd birthday celebration this weekend and am having such fun with it all. Themes are fun for parties and while I don't do themes all the time, it's different when you're planning a party for your little girl.

Ladybugs have always been a favorite of mine and seems that Sofia has taking a liking to them as well...like mother, like daughter! I don't want to go crazy, but I definitely want to give the ladybug-ish feel for Sofia at her party.

So far, this is what I have planned:

- her invitations started it off with a tiny little ladybug stamp
- I'm baking a ladybug cake for Sofia (we'll see how well it turns out)
- baking ladybug cupcakes for the guests (again, who knows how that will go)
- I bought some red streamers and black construction paper from the dollar store and made my own ladybug streamer paper
- bought some ladybug garden wind spinners at Michael's in their $1 bins as favors and made a centerpiece out of them
- ordered red and black balloons for around the house


Think I'm taking it too far? I'm so excited that I don't really care anyway, it's so much fun to plan for my little lady! Stay tuned for after party pictures to see how my little projects turned out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails