Tuesday, January 3, 2017

a true talent


We visited our family friend that lives in Teramo while in Abruzzo this past summer. We visit him nearly every summer and love going by his studio in the heart of Teramo. He is a famous Abruzzese painter, having painted for many dignitaries all throughout Europe. He is known for his scenery pictures depicting the Abruzzo countryside as well as the sea. We are fortunate to have several of his pieces.

I've always been taken with paintings, I really appreciate the art form and could stroll museums, churches, cities lined with murals and just about any other place as well with this decor. I love how each painting could speak differently to every observer. Maybe the artist had a specific intention or maybe they leave it up to us to decide. Either way, it's a most impressive talent.


My newest one given to me this past summer, above he is signing and dating it. I love it and can't wait to frame it and hang it in Italy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails