Wednesday, January 11, 2017

What I'm Reading Now



I'm thankful each day for the ability and the love I have for reading. Give me time in a library or book store and you will witness a happy person. It's a passion I'm thrilled to have passed along to my three children whom all love to be read to or enjoy reading on their own. Tell them we're going to the book store and they are ready to go. Give them their own library card in their stocking at Christmas and they are all smiles...



Dr. Seuss and Mo Willems are still up on the list of what I'm reading because my toddler climbs into my lap still for me to read to him. The girls are moving on their own now and I enjoy seeing what they check out from their school library. I enjoy adding to their collection at home and regularly add to it when I see something they would like or something I loved as a child. Classics will never go out of style and adding "The Wizard of Oz," "Charlotte's Web," and "The Little Prince" to their shelves makes me feel like I'm doing something right for them.

For me, I'll read anything and everything. There has rarely been a time where I'll begin a book only to find I'm not interested enough to complete. I guess I hold out for something to get interesting in the end, but I have to finish it for peace of mind, that I gave it a chance. Goodreads is a great site for cataloging your books and keeps me organized with what I've read, what I'm reading now and what I'd like to read in the future. Finding the time to read is the tricky part. As a mom to three, carving out my time that doesn't involved kids, house work or side work I'm taking on at the moment, is difficult. Making the time to do something I really want to do, like reading, is necessary and important. It feeds my brain and heart and allows me to escape for awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails