Thursday, January 5, 2017

clean eating...start them young!


Thankfully at almost 10, almost 8 and just turned 3, all three of my children are pretty good eaters. Yes, they definitely went through a picky-eating stage, sometimes I think it still rears it's crazy head but overall I shouldn't complain. Fruit and vegetables are a staple for me when grocery shopping, just like cookies and chocolate.

I'm a big believer that what you put in, is what you get out when it comes to many areas of life, food included. I encourage the healthy options before overly sugary or junk food and water, water, water. Juice is grape juice (to help prevent the stomach virus) and orange juice (they rarely ask for it) and then lemonade on occasion in the warmer months. At parties they will ask for a juice box but most of the time they're not even finishing it all. 


This guy is amazing when it comes to eating. He'll snack on an avocado with me and strawberries, blueberries and apples are favorites for him. I did nurse him for longer than the girls and of course I believe that he got what I was putting into my body so I was careful with what I ate and drank. But even once he began with table foods and self-feeding, he opted for whatever I was eating most of the time too. Sometimes that meant having apples and peanut butter or celery sticks and hummus or homemade chocolate chip cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails