Thursday, January 21, 2010

my girls


If you read my family blog (Hi Mom!), first of all, thank you so much. Second of all, you might pick up on the fact that I love saying "girls." My girls, those girls, the girls, our girls, daddy's girls, etc. It's the best. I will find any reason to say it during the course of the day too. "Let's go downstairs girls." "Girls, Daddy is home!" "Let's go, girls." and "Alright girls, it's time to get ready for bed." The last one is a favorite probably because that means that soon I would be able to sit back and have some of my own quiet time. Sofia listens to us about 80% of the time and she will respond right away, but poor Olivia just sits and stares at me like I have two heads. Most of the time she is smiling though so that makes up for her what-are-you-saying-to-me face.

Sometimes I mix it up too and will say "girlies" or "piccolini." When we were deciding on names for both pregnancies, I liked to say them louder than normal, as if I were calling for them. I guess I just wanted to make sure that they sounded good at a higher decibel too. We would say "Kids!" when we were pregnant with Olivia as well since we didn't know the gender and knew we would be calling them at the same time eventually.

Is it because I now don't have to call each one individually and therefore, I am being lazy. Maybe. Or is it because now it is plural and there are two beautiful faces I am talking to? Most likely. Seeing them together, even just sitting next to one another, makes my heart skip a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails