Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful-leaves




While we need to be thankful all the time, it is Thanksgiving month and I love all the crafty leaf-garland things I'm seeing in blogland. Over the weekend we talked with the girls about what it means to be thankful and some of the things we really appreciate in our lives. Their answers were so cute, Sofia said her Mommy & Daddy, Mia (of course) and Olivia and then added her little pony and chocolate. Perfect.

Afterwards, I cut out some leaf shapes onto fall-ish colored construction paper and wrote some of our responses on them: Family, Our Home, Good Food, Sisters (Olivia liked that one!), Mia, Toys & Books, Healthy Bodies and our Friends. I'd say a pretty good list from a 4 and 2-year old. Then I hole-punched and attached to pieces of twine to display in our red room. I love it and now it's a daily topic with the girls. We read the leaves and verbally add new things we're thankful for, this morning is was scrambled eggs. What we had for breakfast. Original.

Here were a few other ideas I found online that I loved:


Thankful Turkey Craft from Crafts from All Seaons


Thankful Tree from makes and takes


Thankful Garland from tatertots & jello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails