Thursday, November 17, 2011

Castelli


Once we've visited San Gabriele, we drive up the mountain to the quaint town of Castelli. Famous for it's gorgeous ceramics, Castelli is definitely one of my favorite places in Abruzzo. I'm sure it's also known for it's incredible views from the tiny street overlooking a very large drop and the views just within the town walls. One adorable alley street after another with always something worthy of photographing.











Love this house! I started taking pictures of this house a bunch of years back and a couple years ago I had the pleasure of taking a tour of the home when the owner saw me taking pictures. She was very welcoming and the home inside was as cute as it is on the outside.





And every year on our way out of Castelli, we stop into this ceramics shop where I just drool over the adorableness. The owners are a small family where the mother and daughter are the artists and make all the ceramics by hand. I wish I could bring it all back because each piece is so unique and beautiful. Can't you tell by the big smile on my face how happy I am to go inside the shop...alone?!? Girls stay in the car with daddy and have a snack while mommy shops all by herself. It's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails