Tuesday, November 1, 2011

soups on!


Our weekend was filled with sniffles and coughs causing us to change some plans around but also got me into making some soups. This past weekend was chicken soup, potato soup and vegetable soup. You'd think we'd be a little souped-out, but luckily the girls do soups. Some of the time I do end up pureeing the soup so I avoid the million and one questions of "what is that?" when my response to their question will have them running from the table. Don't worry, it's usually zucchini or carrot but you'd think I was really grossing it out for them. Depends on what kind of mood they're in though because sometimes seeing a chick pea floating in their bowl makes them smile. I said smile, doesn't always mean they'll eat it.

Sofia trying to spell her name out with the alphabet pasta...


Olivia...well, being Olivia...


But in this particular picture, I just love them sitting across from one another slurping their lunch with the occasional comment or laugh. I was at the sink doing the dishes and looked over to see their adorableness and had to get the camera. Something as mundane as eating a bowl of soup turned out to be such a sweet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails