Wednesday, November 9, 2011

us


I love going to weddings. Always have, but ever since my brother's wedding, I have experienced the wonder of the Photo Booth. And I'm addicted to it. Kind of want to marry Anthony all over again JUST to have a real Photo Booth at our wedding too. Just add it to the list of reasons why I love weddings.

By the way, do you notice anything about Anthony in the above pictures? If you've seen him on the blog or in person EVER, you'll notice that he's lost weight. A lot of weight. Like the size of our 2-year-old, so it's noticeable. He did it by watching what he eats and exercising. And by watching what he eats I'm talking the low-carb diet. Not easy for most but especially for someone who comes from an Italian family and married into an Italian family. Pasta, bread, beans, starchy veggies are kind of like our thing.

So when we returned from Italy I totally doubted that this was the way to go. Don't get me wrong, usually I'm pretty supportive, but I was just concerned that this might not be the best way to go about it. But he talked about it with others successful at the same diet, did the necessary research so that he was still being healthy, scheduled an appointment with our doctor and started working out regularly. He did everything he said he was going to do and he stuck to it. And he lost 30 pounds.

He looks fantastic, feels fantastic and you can just tell that he's proud of himself. As he should be. Why should women always get the credit for working to lose weight and actually doing it? It's not like it was easy for him. I mean we have pasta just about 3 times a week, not to mention pizza night pretty regularly. Yes, he says it got easier for him as he was going along and as his body got used to the new diet. I tried a couple meals here and there just to see if I could do it and I caved. Almost immediately. It's very hard.

I'm so happy he stuck with it and is happy with how he looks and feels. Scott and Chaela have talked to him about it thinking they might try it out too as well as other friends of ours interested in losing weight and just being healthier. It's funny that you think weight is such a touchy subject but he's made it very personal and is candid about it. Diabetes runs pretty strong in his family and he's serious about getting healthy. We're lucky to have such supportive friends and even just a simple comment has meant a lot to him, which is always a nice encouragement.

Sorry, love, you may not like that I posted about this, but I had to brag about you in one post. They can't ALL be about Sofia and Olivia!

4 comments:

  1. I *love* the pics!

    And way to go Anthony!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I could not have done it without the support of my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! That made me laugh out loud! By support you do mean Sofia and Olivia who were amazed you were eating "another salad Daddy?"

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails