Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcome to Savannah!


My friend Emily and I decided that after 7 years of not seeing one another, we needed to hang out. So Savannah it was and this past weekend it finally happened and I had such an amazing time. Great to see my friend and great to explore a new town together. I was in love with the parks there, which we came across just about every few blocks. Most were filled with live oaks with spanish moss hanging from them and they were so gorgeous. I got a little carried away with taking pictures of them!


Occupy Savannah consisted of 2 people and about 20 signs.


The colors we found throughout the town were incredible...of course, I had to take pictures of just about anything red.



Emily standing next to a pub with an awesome phone booth



Really charming street with one gorgeous house after another


Park near the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist






First Headquarters of the Girl Scouts, made me proud





Steamboat and that's our hotel in the distance


Our ride to and from downtown, a very loud but adorable ferry boat







There were stairs leading down to River Street that were incredibly steep, couldn't imagine walking up and down those every day


River Street





Talmadge Memorial Bridge



Back over on the historic side for dinner, looking over to our hotel. So beautiful!


Yummy! In one of the handful of candy shops we came across



Morning that we left and had to snap up another picture of the palm trees, they are so pretty!


Such a fun visit with my sweet friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails