Thursday, September 4, 2008

A girl and her duck

I suppose it's only fitting that since Sofia's first word was 'duck,' that she be completely infatuated with her duck toys. She's so excited when she sees them, gives them kisses and gets sad when we leave for errands or a walk without them.

Each morning when I go to get her from her room, one of the first things she says to me is "duckie." Not "Good morning, mommy. How did you sleep?" No, she immediately inquires about one particular big yellow stuffed animal. Once we get downstairs, she runs straight into the room where she knows duckie is patiently waiting. She drags duckie around the room, pausing for hugs and kisses and "talks" about everything she did since she last saw him (or her, I can't tell).

What's hysterical to me is that my brother Scott loves ducks too. He has always wanted one as a pet and anytime he sees one, he has to give it food and tries to play with it. Maybe because they're both Aries, who knows? But Sofia has definitely inherited her passion of ducks from her Zio Scott.

A great big hug for duckie early in the morning



Taking her duck to the couch with her


A little kiss for duckie

2 comments:

  1. Sofia, I will by you a big duck.
    I love you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too want a big duck... Hi Sofia!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails