Saturday, January 22, 2011

Resolve

resolve (ri-zolv):  a resolution or determination made, as to follow some course of action

And that is what I plan to do.  Seems simple enough, right? Make up your mind to do something and actually do it.  Don't just say you're going to do something, don't talk about it all the time until you're blue in the face and not follow through...just go and do it. With many things it's easier said than done. But I'm giving it a shot.

Just a few of the things I would like to accomplish from here forward:
  1. Learn to knit - I mean, really? How cute are some things you see out there, especially for little girls, that I could learn to do on my own and not pay someone to do for me? Hats, scarves, blankets, I want to do all of those and more.
  2. Teach myself a new recipe, even if just once a month. Antonio got me a great cookbook for Christmas and I intend to use it for more than another book for the girls to flip through. 
  3. Speak up. This doesn't mean to talk louder, but just do more of it. Talk on the phone more with relatives and friends or just offer my opinion more often (when appropriate, I'm not going to be rude).
  4. Relax. In terms of taking the time to relax AND not thinking everything is the be all end all.
  5. Eat more healthy foods. This coincides with #2. While searching for the new recipe, I will make sure it is not only good, but good for you. Maybe include more organic? Finally start that vegetable garden instead of just having a few pots out on my patio. So many options.
  6. Read more. With regard to me books and not childrens' books. I've been doing really well with this one already, but I want to make sure to keep up with it. Yes, I am part of a book club, so that helps. But on my own time I want to make sure I'm reading something pretty much all the time. Ok, I'll give myself a day or three in between books, but I want to keep on top of it. 
  7. More pictures! Yes, it is still possible to take more pictures than I already do. I'm always up for learning something new with my camera and it's something I enjoy, so why not do more of it? Simple, right? You like it, continue it.
  8. Walk. I'm not much of a runner, but I do enjoy a nice walk. Of course, anyone with little ones underfoot knows that walking with your kids is a lot different than walking for you. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE stopping every two feet to admire a leaf, a bug or a strange rock, but I need to be a bit more active than that sometimes allows. I do get in a good sprint every once in awhile when Olivia dashes away from me into the street though, so that helps to get the blood flowing.
  9. Paint. And I'm not talking about painting a room or even a wall for that matter. Sofia loves to paint and I should paint with her more often. She would LOVE it.
  10. More date nights for Anthony & I. I'm talking like 1-2 times a month! I know, crazy talk, but it can be done. Movies, dinner, trips to the book store and all the while no one else is interrupting our conversation or our romantic silence. Sigh.
Nothing crazy, not really too life-altering, but still something to work towards in the days ahead.  Start small, simple and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails