Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

Anthony and I used to go to the movies pretty regularly before our two lovely beauties came into the picture. I'm alright with that. Obviously, your life is going to change after you have kids and taking toddlers to the movies is not on my list of most relaxing activities. But in the last year we have managed to get out more regularly to dinner and a movie and it almost feels like when we were dating or in our early years of marriage. Only now I have to be in bed by 10pm because prying my eyes open with toothpicks looks weird to other movie-goers. 

But the Oscars are soon approaching and I thought it would be fun to try and see as many of the nominated movies as possible before the February 27th show.  I've already decided that it won't be doable to see the remaining movies in the Best Picture category, there are 7 for us left to see, so I picked the Best Director category instead where I only have 3 to watch between now and then. Call me a slacker, but I don't have the funds to get a babysitter 7 times in the next month. Besides, 'The Fighter' and "The King's Speech' are the top two that I'm most excited about so it just works out better for me anyway. I'm not gonna lie, I am a little giddy that Colin Firth is up for Best Actor too, he will always be Mr. Darcy to me and I just love watching him in any movie. Love Actually, anybody? Best.Movie.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails