Tuesday, April 27, 2010

snack traps and naps

Each week, really each day, is something new with Olivia and Sofia. I feel as if I don't get enough time with one change before they're up and doing something new again.

One little thing with Olivia - she's getting the hang of the snack trap. The first few times she used it she would just shake it and eventually some strays would pop out and she would snack happily. Sofia sneaked over by her and grabbed some snack for herself and the next thing we know...Olivia is reaching her tiny little fingers through the plastic covering and grabbing at her snack too. She caught on real fast and gets so excited whenever I pull the snack container out of my bag.

I love how hard she's concentrating in this picture!


We've been transitioning Sofia out of her afternoon nap recently. This may be a long process for me because I do so love those few hours of complete calmness in the house during the afternoon. But on days that I see she needs to sleep, I take her up to her room and she'll nap anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5 hours. Some other days we just keep her up and play, read and go activity after activity straight through the day. Everyone needs to be in bed by 830pm on those nights!

My favorite days now are the ones that she curls up in bed with me in the afternoon. We each pick out a couple of books to read together, the laptop to watch a couple Peeps and eventually we even snooze for an hour or so. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails