Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A quote to live by...


"Ain't no sense in worrying about things you have control over, because if you have control over them, ain't no sense worrying. And ain't no sense in worrying over things you don't have control over, because if you don't have control, ain't no sense worrying."  Mickey Rivers 

The year before we got married, Anthony emailed me this quote and I printed it out to keep in my wallet. My wallets have changed since, but this piece of paper still remains with me, now wrinkled and worn in the edges from unfolding and folding. I have no clue who Mickey Rivers is or why he said this, but it's a great quote. One that I need to have tattooed to my forearm. Don't worry Mom, I'm not really going to get this tattooed on me. 

This quote applies to so many areas of our life and is a constant reminder to me to just be...unworried. Is that a word?  Whatever, I'm not going to worry about it. But seriously...not to worry about things whether it be the mess on my kitchen floor, the laundry piling up in the corner or more importantly, things people say or do. I can control the amount of mess that collects in my house, but I can't control the emotions of others or the things that come out of their mouths. Of course, it's much easier said than done, especially coming from a control freak such as myself. A big thing to try and live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails