Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mama's Night Out


I went out last night to this Mom's Event in the area and had such a great time! It was a celebration for mother's featuring a silent auction, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and even a fun, fashion show. I spent time figuring out what to wear and even attempted make-up and straightening my hair. I even painted my nails. GASP! Sofia and Olivia were playing on my bed while I got ready and they were oohing and ahhing over my outfit choices. Sofia was non-stop chatterbox asking questions about every single item I pulled out. And I steered Olivia out of my shoe pile about a thousand times too. Typical little girls. But it was so fun to get dolled up with my mini-admirers.
 

It ended up being a cold evening, so I had to throw on a light sweater over the strapless black number I ended up picking out but I was comfortable which, in the end, is all that really matters to me. I think I've had those black, strappy shoes since Vietnam. Ok, since my first job out of college anyway, but I've worn them about 489 times. Give or take. I had to make sure Anthony got a picture of me before leaving since I wasn't bringing the camera with and it's nice to have a photo of myself with something other than jeans and a t-shirt on.  Not that I'm knocking the jeans and t-shirt style since that is my go-to everyday. Sometimes I get a little crazy and will do a button-down over a tank top. Wild, I know.

Sofia was more than happy to be my little accessory for the photo, isn't she such a cutie?!?I love the slippers with the shorts look. She's her father's daughter.


But going out last night with other moms just confirmed to me how important it is to get away every once in awhile. I work 1-2 nights a week at La Locanda, and while I enjoy that time away and making a couple bucks, this was a different kind of getting away.  I had a glass of wine, chatted, bid on a couple auction items just for fun and relaxed. I "work" hard and proud at my 24/7 and getting out to celebrate it with other moms was really fun and deserving.

4 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I totally understand how fun it is to occasionally get everything (hair, clothes, makeup, nails) done up at once and enjoy some just you time. Love your accessory (and gosh, I love those chairs, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Em! Back to my staple jeans and a tee today. That's why I have to take a pic, doesn't last long. Ha! The chairs were a lucky find at a consignment shop, little banged up but I think it gives them character. Sofia def has a lot of character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Just came across your blog by way of your quiche recipe and you have inspired me to start my own blog. :)

    Thank you!

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking out the blog Melissa! It's fun for me and a great way for friends and family to keep up. Good luck with the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails