Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A visit from Famiglia Staley!

Last weekend we had the pleasure of hosting great friends of ours from Maryland, we had the best time! Katie and I met when we were 7 years old and she will always hold a special place in my heart. We've been together through a ton of things - school, sports, college, boyfriends, weddings and now our own families. The only thing I would change about our friendship would be the 150 miles that separate us!

Our kids have played together before and I was so excited to watch them play together again at our house. They got along really well and it was fun to sit back and enjoy their being with one another. We spent some time at the house just hanging out and eating, but we also spent a few hours Saturday afternoon at the Please Touch Museum, a must see for any guest of ours, especially one with little kids. Our membership there has really paid off with all the visits we've made! So much to do and see, needless to say that the kids had a great time.












How cute are these two?!?


Outside now for a walk in Fairmount Park to visit the Whispering Wall. Olivia was lagging behind taking in all the trees and squirrels running around and I loved watching her run to catch up with us.



Laughing at the whispers heard from the other end of the bench...


whispers from the daddies and Gabe and Olivia.


Really. Words can't express how adorable it was seeing the kids interacting with one another. My girls LOVED Lily and Gabe and already can't wait for them to visit again.


My friend Katie and I at our First Communion (we were 7!!!) so many years ago. We kept in touch even when I was moving back and forth from Italy, I still have some of the letters she wrote to me. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding and she was an honorary bridesmaid in mine. Lily was born just a couple weeks before my wedding and she was worried that she might deliver the day of our wedding. Still she was at the mass and I will never forget walking down the aisle with my dad and later with my husband and seeing her in the pews with the biggest smile on her face. I am one of Lily's godparents and she is one of Olivia's godparents, a title I take pride in very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails