Monday, May 23, 2011

Last day of Pre-School


Sofia had her last day of pre-school today. Can't believe her first year is already through. This morning when I went into her room to get her, I was so excited and happy for her to start her day because of this momentous occasion. But now that I'm thinking about it a little more, I'm actually a little sad. It just means the time is going by faster and she's getting bigger by the day.

She had a great first year of pre-school. I felt so lucky to have had her at such a great place with great teachers and even greater friends. I know that as parents, we're really her first teachers, but these 3 ladies were her very first "real" teachers and she couldn't have had a nicer group. She loves them and talks about them often during her day. She made some nice friends and brought some beautiful craft projects home.

Last week we were talking about that school was going to be over soon, we would be into summer vacation and it would be awhile before she would go back to school. She thought for a moment and said to me "so I won't see my teachers anymore." And she wasn't happy about it like you might think a 15-year-old might be with their high school teachers. She was genuinely down about the idea and so I said as a way to say thank you we should give them a gift. She was very excited about that part!

After talking to a friend and to Sofia for ideas (she wanted to give them stickers), I came up with something I thought was cute. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of it before we took it into school this morning, so bear with me.

It was a three-part gift: a box of Gerturde Hawk chocolates (delish!), a box of mixed variety teas and a plant growing kit. Inside their cards, Sofia beautifully wrote her name next to a heart and then I wrote: "You are so SWEET. I loved having you as my TEAcher. Thank you for helping me GROW." Just thinking back to assembling it all with my little girl right by my side makes me smile. It's all very bittersweet, another milestone come and gone.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails