Sunday, May 8, 2011

Buona Festa della Mamma!


Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born. The child asked God, “They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?”
God replied: “Among the many angels, I chose one for you. Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you. Your angel will sing for you and will smile for you everyday. And you will feel your angel’s love and be very happy. Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak.
Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray.”
Then the child asked, “I have heard that on Earth there are bad people. Who will protect me?”
God said, “Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life. But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore.”
God said, “Your angel will always talk to you about me and teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you.”
At that moment there was much peace in heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, “God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angels’s name.”
“Her name is important…you will simply call her Mom.”

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas, mommies, moms, aunts, godmothers, nonnas and grandmoms in my life. Day in and day out each of you make the most significant impact in this world - sharing life with your loved ones.  Pamper yourselves today, get extra hugs and kisses, have someone cook for you, relax, realize you are deserving of that relaxing time, but most of all, appreciate yourselves for all the love you give daily.

I love you all, especially my own mama!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Lisa!
    I had heard that story before and it always brings tears to my eyes.
    Have a wonderful day!

    Coleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Coleen, I love that piece so much! Hope you had a great Mother's Day also!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails