Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Amici


Over the years, I've met some pretty incredible people in Italy. And what's really great is that we've managed to keep in touch and reconnect when I visit. Obviously, things are much easier now that we have Facebook, but when I first met these great group of people, there was no Facebook. There was no Gmail Chat or Skype. There weren't very many accessible computers at the time either. We wrote letters and maybe had a conversation or two OVER.THE.PHONE! Imagine that.

When I would visit, it was like picking up where we left off. Beach trips, dinners at various pizzerias in and around Mesagne and plenty of nights where we just hung out in the villa. Although I don't see them throughout the year, except for photos now on Facebook, I think of them often and the fun times we had and the times that are still to come.

Maria Lucia and I spend our first summer together in 2000


Panini and focaccia with friends, 2001


August 2001, celebrating my 23rd birthday


Maria Lucia, Silvia and I in 2004, Anthony's first visit to Mesagne


Maria Lucia and I in 2006, I was pregnant with Sofia at the time


Ladies Night, July 2011


2 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than spending time with old friends. Can't wait until it's our turn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Em!!! I can not wait to see you, we have to make this happen. Can't wait to tell you what my birthday present is!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails