Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maryland, there and back again


Back from a quick trip to Maryland and so happy to have seen little man Chase. AND to have had my mom's home-cooking. It had been a couple of weeks since we last ate with her in Italy and I was in need of some family time and a nice plate of pasta. The girls had a great time and were happy to play with Nonno Nicky, Nonna Lisa, Zio Antonio, Zia Chaela, Zio Scotty and of course, Chase. They love their baby cousin.




Once Olivia and Chase went down for their afternoon nap, Antonio, Sofia and I headed out for some fun of our own. First stop, Friendly's for some milkshakes!

Then off to BWI playground to watch the planes land, one of Sofia's favorite things to do when in Maryland.


And call it a mad case of brain-freeze, but I also let my brother drive my car. My brother who doesn't have his license yet, but needs to practice. My car. With my daughter in the backseat. Not sure how many brain cells I lost to give into that plan. But I would like to say, he did ok. No one came out of it with whiplash which is a good sign.

He doesn't look excited at all to be in the driver's seat.


Next morning, Nonna took the girls for a walk before the humidity set in and closed us up in the house for the remainder of the morning. Sofia likes to take a basket along with her for walks in case she comes across cool leaves, rocks or flowers to bring home.


Happiest baby on the block! Must be because he was relaxing with Ya-Ya. Missed that little face a lot while away in Italy.

Mom had molto basil growing so we plucked some up to make some pesto. Luckily we had plenty of hands around for plucking the leaves off the stems.

Nonna Lisa and the grandkids, I don't think a person could be happier with these adorable faces around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails