Sunday, March 28, 2010

on the eve of my baby's 3rd birthday


Sofia turns three tomorrow, officially at 8:11pm and I can not believe it. For 3 years now I have been saying "it's going too fast" as she reaches each milestone...first time she smiled at us, her first word, the first tooth to pop through, and her first steps. There were so many more milestones that we reached and with each one we couldn't believe that we had gotten to that point already. It was going all too fast.

As I was braiding her hair for bed tonight, I thought to myself that this time last year her hair wasn't long enough for a braid. Now it's grown half-way down her back. Sofia was an early talker so from about 12 months she was saying new words everyday, but this time last year she didn't speak as clearly as she does now. She knows her numbers to twenty (in English and Italian), the ABCs, she'll spell her name out loud for you and she's potty-trained. All things she didn't do this time last year.

All these milestones have come and gone and it feels like they happened in the blink of an eye.

Birthdays are an important occasion for me. It's not just another day. Even if it's something low-key, it's a day to be celebrated. Whether you invite 100 people to be with you or it's just close family, or order in your favorite take-out or go out to a fancy restaurant. It's a day that I feel should be made special. Special because it's the day you were brought into this world and made it a better place. In Sofia's case, most definitely a better place for Anthony and I.

Just feeling sentimental and wanted to show some early pictures of Sofia...1 real early from when Anthony and I were in Rome (4 months pregnant) on our last trip to Italy together. The others from our stay in the hospital when Sofia was born.


It's a GIRL!


Our first picture as a family of 3


The first time I held my girl


Sleepy from all the hugs & kisses...little did she know that those were just the beginning. We have never stopped hugging & kissing her and telling her how much we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails